This course is being offered in collaboration with Altus Group
This course will provide participants with a practical understanding of valuation methodologies and techniques in the context of all major asset classes and will include real world case studies and valuation modelling exercises. It will also address some of the key differences in valuation issues and techniques and their impact as well as emerging valuation trends and technologies.
|Eligible for Continuing Education Credits with BOMI|
|Eligible for Continuing Education Credits with AIC.|
|Eligible for Continuing Education Credits with RICS.|
- Background to valuation including market factors (supply and demand), legal issues, definitions, highest and best use
- Standard methods of valuation and an introduction to the three primary approaches
- Real estate leases and their analysis for valuation purposes
- Discounted cash flow modelling, capitalization rates, discount rates and data sources
- Valuation methodology and modelling exercise based on multi-tenant industrial property and multi-tenant office building examples
- Case study for an office valuation exercise
- Introduction to Argus DCF modelling software
- Valuation methodology and modelling exercise based on a retail property
- Case study for a retail property valuation exercise
- Global valuation standards and emerging trends in valuation including new technologies and techniques
KEY LEARNING OUTCOMES
- Know which primary and secondary valuation approaches to use for all asset types
- Critically review a cash flow pro forma and identify the key valuation issues, including sensitivity of assumptions
- Understand the appropriate applicable valuation techniques and assumptions to use for different asset classes
- Complete and review a basic cash flow model for an income producing property
WHO SHOULD ATTEND This course will be of benefit to those active in the areas of underwriting, acquisition/ disposition, investment sales, property and asset management, and valuation. It is designed for those with under 10 years of experience and /or those who have only moderate exposure to valuation issues and wish to increase their proficiency.
- Michael Wootton, Vice President, Central Canada, Altus Group
- REALPAC Member Company*: $1,295.00
- Non-Member Company: $1,495.00
*To determine if your company is a REALPAC Member, click here.
REALPAC reserves the right to cancel course offerings based on low attendance numbers for 100% refund on registration fees only. Participant cancellations must be received in writing, at least five business days prior to the event for a 75% refund. Substitutions are permitted.
Offered in partnership with the Ted Rogers School of Management at Toronto Metropolitan University, the Real Property Investment Certificate encompasses all disciplines and offers a unique perspective into the different facets of the commercial real estate industry.