Commercial real estate is an industry where law and business are intertwined. Title and tenure, planning and land use regulation, and legal contracts such as leases, purchase agreements, construction contracts, loan documents and development agreements play a major role in creating cash flows, reducing risk, ensuring compliance, and ensuring desirable outcomes. Get it wrong, and losses and costs can mount and risks can increase. Understand the legal side, and avoid or substantially reduce risk in real estate transactions.
This virtual course will focus on the legal underpinnings of real estate, regulatory controls over real estate, and legal best practice in effecting transactions including purchase and sale, leasing, financing, construction and development.
|Eligible for Continuing Education Credits with BOMI
|Eligible for Continuing Education Credits with CAAMP
- Title and Tenure
- Surveys and Searches, David Carter
- Specific Interests in Land, David Carter
- Zoning and Land Use Regulation
- Acquisitions and Dispositions, David Carter
- Mortgage Financing, David Carter
- Construction Law
KEY LEARNING OUTCOMES
- Know the sources of law
- Understand structuring risks and issues with title
- Become familiar with the regulatory environment, and strategies to manage development
- Craft effective acquisition and disposition strategies
- Understand the mortgage and key deal terms
- Discover leasing issues and best practice
- Learn the major construction documents and construction processes
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The virtual course will be of interest to the following real estate and lending industry participants: Property Owners, Investors and Developers, Mortgage and Property Brokers, Mortgage and Loan Servicers, Asset Managers, Appraisers, Lawyers, Accountants, Financial Regulators, among other types of stakeholders.
- David Carter, Partner, Grechi Carter
- REALPAC Member Company*: $895.00
- Non-Member Company: $995.00
*To determine if your company is a REALPAC Member, click here.
REALPAC reserves the right to cancel course offerings based on low attendance numbers for 100% refund on registration fees only. Participant cancellations must be received in writing, at least five business days prior to the event for a 75% refund. Substitutions are permitted.Register Now