Real estate capital markets have evolved over the past 15 years to include more sophisticated and diverse capital structures and investment opportunities in private and public markets, with institutional ownership taking on an increasing presence in the marketplace. Key players in the real estate sector have expanded to include mutual fund managers and equity capital markets participants along with the analyst community playing an active role, and public company managers and their boards placing increasing importance on sound corporate governance.
This virtual course will discuss various ways of raising capital across the real estate sector, REIT vs. corporate structures, the IPO process, related valuation and performance measurement concepts in the public markets, and current issues facing the capital markets with a focus on governance. In addition, this course will utilize a combination of lectures, guest speakers, and mini case studies designed to replicate actual day to day experiences of various market participants.
|Eligible for Continuing Education Credits with BOMI.|
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- Real Estate managers who are looking to deepen their understanding of the real estate capital markets
- Real Estate professionals wishing to pursue a career in the public markets
- Owners who are looking to gain a better understanding of the process, advantages and disadvantages, and costs of going public
- Investors looking to invest in public real estate entities
- Legal, accounting, banking, finance, and advisory client service professionals looking to broaden opportunities in raising capital
- Brokers, analysts, property managers, leasing specialists, and others looking for an opportunity to broaden their knowledge in this field
- HR and recruiting professionals looking to better understand the skills, experience, and value of employees and prospective candidates
KEY LEARNING OUTCOMES:
- Familiarity with the capital markets environment and skills and experience required of various market participants
- Understanding of market measurement tools used to assess and evaluate public companies
- Greater awareness of the advantages and disadvantages of internal vs external management mode
- Deeper knowledge of the challenges and benefits of being a public company and the governance issues facing managers and Boards of Directors
- Stephen Sender, Board Member; Allied Properties REIT, and Sienna Senior Living Inc.
- REALPAC Member Company*: $895.00
- Non-Member Company: $995.00
*To determine if your company is a REALPAC Member, click here.
REALPAC reserves the right to cancel course offerings based on low attendance numbers for 100% refund on registration fees only. Participant cancellations must be received in writing, at least five business days prior to the event for a 75% refund. Substitutions are permitted.Register Now