Development is a critical component of community building. The development business is multi-disciplinary where the developer brings one or more of finance, entitlement, marketing and deal making expertise to the table along with access to capital.
This virtual course takes participants through the feasibility analysis process from beginning to end along with exploring the role of each member of the development team including consultants and the community. The development of multiple property types are explored including mixed use incorporating case studies, lecture and discussion. In addition, the course will discuss financing and various sources of risking all aspects of the development process.
|Eligible for Continuing Education Credits with BOMI|
|Eligible for Continuing Education Credits with CIP|
- Overview of the development function, the value added by development and the development process
- The development team and their roles
- The feasibility analysis exercise including site analysis, zoning, market analysis, design, cost estimation, financial analysis and highest and best use
- The development process
- Management and key sources of risk at different phases of the development process
- Financing the development process – issues, risks and pricing
- Perspectives of the various stakeholders – developers, investors, customers, lenders, consultants, service providers, neighbours and regulators
KEY LEARNING OUTCOMES
- Clearer knowledge of the goals and value added by the Developer
- Familiarity with the skills and experience required of a Developer
- Greater awareness of the risks and benefits in the development process
- Knowledge of the design, marketing and sales aspects of development
- Experience in financial analysis and modeling of development projects
- Understanding of the pricing and sources capital and expectations of capital providers
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Developers looking to deepen their understanding of development and are keen to interact with other industry professionals
- Professionals wishing to pursue a career in real estate development
- Owners looking to gain a better understanding of the benefits and risks of development and redevelopment
- Investors looking to invest in a real estate development or engage third party developers
- Client service professionals to the development industry looking to broaden their understanding of their clients’ needs
- Dr. Avis Devine, Associate Professor, Brookfield Centre in Real Estate & Infrastructure, Schulich, York University
- REALPAC Member Company*: $1,295.00
- Non-Member Company: $1,495.00
*To determine if your company is a REALPAC Member, click here.
REALPAC reserves the right to cancel course offerings based on low attendance numbers for 100% refund on registration fees only. Participant cancellations must be received in writing, at least five business days prior to the event for a 75% refund. Substitutions are permitted.
Offered in partnership with the Ted Rogers School of Management at Toronto Metropolitan University, the Real Property Investment Certificate encompasses all disciplines and offers a unique perspective into the different facets of the commercial real estate industry.